Fittingly, for New Years I decided to make 2020 a year of health initiatives and health goals. Of course with the pandemic, health has been front and center in everyone’s mind, but either way it was a good goal.
As we approach halfway through the year, I have to say I’m pleased with my progress.
- I have maintained a weight training exercise habit
- I haven’t missed a single day of flossing and morning teeth care is now part of the routine
- I have given up discretionary sugar (no dessert or brown sugar on my oatmeal, but I’ll still eat a slice of banana bread)
- I am following a prescribed sleep program
- I have maintained a meditation practice
Not Yet Successes
- I built a solid cardio routine at the company gym, but this dropped with Covid. I have to bring cardio back
- I have tried a preliminary autophagy fast (24hrs), but I want to make higher level fasting (72 hrs) part of a monthly program
- I’d like to get a more scientific grasp of my eating. Starting a food log and seeing a nutritionist are on the list
- My exercise routine is self-developed. Perhaps enlisting the help of a physical therapist or personal trainer would be wise, especially as it relates to the annoyance that is my Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Water consumption has been good, but I’d like to be more deliberate. Right now I drink 2-3 liters a day, more definition is needed
Has anyone out there executed some unique healthy habits that they care to share? I’m eager to optimize!