I’ve started using Handkerchiefs. Apart from the trivial uniqueness surrounding their fairly rare “DK” letter combination*, Handkerchiefs provide a service that is vastly underappreciated.
Here’s what you need to know.
- Handkerchiefs are not gross – there are some simple but clever folding patterns which allow 30+ clean surfaces (62 if you’re conservative) for nose blowing while still maintaining a clean outside so that your pocket doesn’t get gross.
- Handkerchiefs are affordable and environmentally sound – most pocket tissues contain 10 tissues. They run about $0.50 a pack. A $5 handkerchief more than pays itself back with one full usage of 60 blows – with 0% of the trash!
- Handkerchiefs are SOFT – much less harsh on your nose than tissues (except maybe the lotion tissues, those things are mint)
- Handkerchiefs are convenient – I’ve got into the habit of keeping one in my back pocket at all times. Color me prepared.
- Handkerchiefs are stylish – they don’t have to be white! But let’s not confuse handkerchiefs and pocket squares. Handkerchiefs are cotton – Pocket squares are silk
*Vodka, Roadkill, Grandkids… maybe one or two others?
3 thoughts on “Handkerchiefs”
Hear hear! I’ve been on the handkerchief train for years. Much more useful in the outdoors than the alternative.
Where do you get yours from Mike? I’m interested in them and need to know where to get the best deal.
I’ve been doing most of my clothes shopping at CTShirts.com lately. They have decent sales and promotions. I got this set on sale for $25.
They are very high quality with high craftsmanship. I give CTShirts two thumbs up for all your business wear.
If you’re looking for the BEST deal, you can probably go to a fabric store and make your own! This would be the ultimate affordable option.