All things Mike D… some updates.
1. I received my Kung Fu sword. Pete has offered his services in taking some sweet photographs of the weapon with his fancy-shmancy camera. After photos are taken, you can rest assured that they will be posted here. I’m also thinking that if I can somehow take the coloring and match properties to the current banner, perhaps I’ll update mikedidonato.com’s look.
2. I’m working on a sizable mikedidonato.com project. It’s going to be a research paper of sorts that explores some geekery. I’m very excited about it, though it will be weeks, if not months, before I have amassed satisfactory amounts of knowledge to post the results. Still though, get pumped that fun geekery is in the making. It will appear in the feature section.
3. Did I tell y’all that I got a promotion at work a few months ago? I leveled up from Mechanical Engineer to Engineered Systems Product Manager. OSNAP! Look out!
4. Climbing is going very well. On Sunday, I led Broadway (5.8) at Ragged Mountain without fault. It was ridiculously smooth. This is exciting because, so far, I’ve only ever successfully led 5.8’s under the burden of heavy stress and nervousness. Being the leader can be rather stressful. Perhaps I will soon be able to begin working 5.9’s without getting too wigged out and failing miserably.
5. I got the new eating well magazine and will be trying a melon soup this week. If it doesn’t explode with summery tastes and flavors I will be sorely disappointed. Stay tuned for reports of success or failure.
There’s a hidden theme in today’s post (probably obvious to some). Can you find it and identify all the instances?