Here is my song list for 2007. You should still have my tattoo post. Let me know if you need me to resend it!
1. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap – AC/DC
2. From Her Lips to God’s Ears (The Energizer) – Against Me!
3. Bat Country – Avenged Sevenfold
4. Rooster – Alice in Chains
5. The State of Massachusetts – Dropkick Murphys
6. What’s Left of the Flag – Flogging Molly
7. Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses
8. Rock and Roll – Led Zeppelin
9. Somebody to Love – Queen
10. Badfish – Sublime
11. Open Road Song – Eve 6
12. Eye of the Tiger – Surviror
13. The End. – My Chemical Romance
And now, the reasons for her choices:
1. I feel like there were a particularly large amount of scandals this year, both political and economical. I know there are every year, but I feel like each year things just get more and more unbelievable.
2. This song will probably only be known by fans of this band, but it’s politically motivated and deals with issues like the war in Iraq. Also, they scream Condoleezza!! A lot and it’s fun.
3. This band amazed me by topping the charts this year (I’ve been listening to them for many years now) and I feel like their newest album is some of their best work, yay for Ax7!
4. An oldie but goody. Between the war, Darfur, and the perpetual threat of nuclear war I though this was appropriate.
5. Dropkick’s newest album hit home for many, and this song glorifies their roots in Boston and celebrates its enthusiasm for sports and heritage.
6. This song is incredibly inspiring and reminds us all that it’s worth fighting for what we really believe in, even if things seem hopeless.
7. This song is to celebrate a great new (sort of) tradition we started by going to rock n roll kareoke! This was the first song I sang.
8. 2007 has continually inspired by rock horizons through the discovery of new bands, live performances, and of course taking time to rock out myself!
9. This one again is sort of personal. I went to go see a show called Queen, It’s a Kind of Magic! and it was fantastic. It’s basically a Queen cover band, but they are in full character and costume and put on a “Queen Concert” reminiscent (they assured me) of an authentic Queen show. Since they are one of my favorite bands and that’s the closest I’m ever going to come to actually seeing Queen, it was a big deal for me.
10. Even though the band Sublime has been pretty much out of commission since the death of Bradley Nowell, an amazing thing happened this year. A Sublime cover band, aptly named Badfish, took the nation by storm and on top of selling out shows, managed to get a full spread in Spin magazine. I’ve hung out with these chill dudes from RI, and they never expected to get so popular.
11. This song is all about driving out on the open road and feeling the breeze through your hair. Since I somehow managed to put 25,000 miles on my car in 2007, I thought it was appropriate.
12. I think it’s safe to say this song could get anyone pumped, and this is a tribute to rock climbing and everything about how amazing it is!
13. This is the end of my list. This is also to pay homage to the end of the Harry Potter series. 2007 brought the craze that was Book 7. R.I.P Harry Potter!