Salmon with Lemon & White Wine
1 small leek, sliced
2 salmon fillets (or one big enough for two people)
1/8 cup (30ml) of white wine
1 tbps fresh dill, chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
Freshly ground salt & black pepper
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400Â°F (200Â°C). Fry the leek in some oil for
about 5 minutes until softened.
2. Slice 4 thin slices from the lemon and squeeze 1/8th cup (30ml) of
juice from it.
3. Line an oven-proof dish with foil, leaving enough to fold over the
top. Place the leek and half the sliced garlic in the bottom, and the
salmon on top of that (skin side down). Season the salmon with salt
and pepper, sprinkle with dill, and lay the lemon slices and the rest
of the garlic on top.
4. Pour the lemon juice and wine over the salmon and fold the foil
over the top, making a good seal. Put in the oven and cook for 15-20
minutes (or until cooked through).
5. Serve with vegetables (new potatoes and mange tout go well with it).