Today Jill and I are flying to North Carolina to hang out with her friend Brian, and my good friend Steve Werlin. I’m excited.
I’ve never been to North Carolina, and I suspect great things.
Here’s some North Carolina trivia:
– The venus fly trap is native to Hampstead NC
– Pepsi was invented in New Bern NC in 1898
– The NC state motto is “To be rather than to seem”
– Tobacco is NC’s major crop —AWESOME!
– James K Polk was born in Mecklenburg county
– in 2004 the population of North Carolina was 8,541,221
(nearly 8 times that of rhode island!)
– Steve Werlin is pursuing a doctorate in Archeology in North Carolina
I will be returning on monday. Hopefully with some wild South East tales.